In my recipe folder I have added a note at the top of this particular recipe that says: ‘Wonderful + good for travel’ thus they are becoming our family travel snack of choice (along with sausage or egg sandwiches for long car journeys.)
We went away last week and along with little boxes of organic raisins, made a big batch of these.
And so I thought I’d share the recipe with you. 🙂
Easy Cheesy Biscuits
100g plain flour
splash of milk
1 egg yoke
1) Mix flour and paprika.
2) Add butter – rub till fine like breadcrumbs.
3) Add grated cheese and make a well in the middle.
4) Add yolk and milk and mix all together to make a firm dough.
5) Knead on a flat surface for a bit, then divide in two, and roll each half and cut biscuits till there is no dough left. (The biscuits shrink a bit when cooked, just so you know.)
6) Cook at Gas Mark 5 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.