It’s been a relatively large sewing project – I’ve probably spent about 5 evenings in total making it. I’ve learned a lot of techniques I haven’t used before – things like putting in magnetic clasps and how to put in a lined letterbox pocket like the one on the front. To be honest it’s all been a bit daunting, but I’m really pleased with the results.
I’m also really pleased that the fabric all came from my stash.
The outer is Munki Munki – which I bought back in 2004 I think – and the inner is Kaffe Fassett (even though it is the most unlikely Kaffe Fassett I’ve ever seen!) which I bought from Liberty’s a couple of months ago, and which I used for the cuffs of FB’s blue trousers.
The rest of the things I needed came from UHandbag, and arrived amazingly quickly, (like overnight quick! Which was great because once I knew what I wanted to do, I wanted to get started right away.)