1. Go outside (just for a bit.)
2. Do some jobs (just for a bit.)
3. Play with your children.
4. Eat (a bit) of something that tastes really lovely.
5. Make sure you can see where you have been (in the house, in the work you have to do.)
6. Listen to something that might make you smile. Or (if you’re on your own, and you think it will help) something that lets you cry.
7. Don’t go over it again and again. Unless you know it’s going to get you somewhere better than this.
8. Accept that your heart hurts right now. But it won’t forever.
9. Keep your hands busy.
10. Watch your children play.
(No one has died, no one is ill – well I have a head cold – it’s not depression, and it probably won’t last forever.)
(Mordanting today. And lots of yarn drying. )