We opted to have the small tree again this year – FB is very curious, and into everything and I felt it was better for all of us to keep the living room as toddler friendly as possible.
I love having the mixture of decorations from both my childhood and W’s:
- – the candle figures on the left of the tree are ones that I’ve grown up with
- – the rabbit was on granny’s tree and was my uncles when he was little
- – the santa next to the rabbit was occasionally on the top of the tree when I was small
- – the smaller santa is from W’s mum
- – the winter figures on the right of the tree W grew up with
The tree itself is one that my mum got for me when I was 20 and couldn’t get time off from my retail job to come home for christmas. Oooh and the angel at the top is also a family decoration from W’s side.
A lovely mixture.
(And the hippo card on the far right was designed and illustrated by W’s dad. We have a collection of them. 🙂